Re: Enhanced local-node?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Enhanced local-node?
From: "Calibri Research" <calibri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:31:28 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <calibri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 2:52 PM

> I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work if you can
> get two named daemons running each with their own
> named.conf file and their own listen-on address access lists.
> (Does that really work? Can you see them on netstat -apn?).

Yes, this works just fine... I got two named listening on different
IP-alias, with using their own named.conf files.

> LVS should just pass the packets up through the protocol stack
> to the named daemons once it figures out it does not
> need to route the packet out one of its NICs.

The problem is that VIP interface (or alias) does not have named
listening-on.  ie:

10.1.1.2:53 (VIP) ---> 10.1.1.3:53 (RIP, ip-alias)
                               ---> 10.1.1.4:53 (second RIP, ip-alias)

If named is not listening on 10.1.1.2, packets are being rejected,
of course if I start another named instance on 10.1.1.2; it will respond
however it will not loadbalance on 10.1.1.3 and 10.1.1.4.

Any ideas?

-Jack