help with LVS code

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: help with LVS code
From: Anush Elangovan <eas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:22:23 -0700 (MST)
Hi everyone,
   A couple of weeks ago I had requested suggestions on a new LVS DOS
strategy. Im now trying to implement the same. I have extended each connection
entry to include an integer priority field. (I know this would be heavy on
memory). I now want to include a function that will parse through the
connection structure and find a suspicious IP address and fping them, without
interfering with the normal operations of the LVS. i.e. this function must be
attached to a timer and run continously to update the priorities.

Here are things that Im stuck with now, the fping, should I write my own fping
like module to go into lvs or can I somehow use the regular fping(but that is
a userspace program!!! Is that ok?).

The timer, where do I hook on this function so that it executes continously in
the background. Im not very well versed in kernel code, so my questions may be
a little elementary.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply,

Anush

anush@xxxxxxx

U:      There's a U -- a Unicorn!
        Run right up and rub its horn.