RE: more failover detail...

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: more failover detail...
From: Steve Gonczi <Steve.Gonczi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:26:19 -0500
IMHO there is no way to do this in a bullet-proof fashion.
The best bet is to minimize the impact of a failover.
I.e. any updates would be sent on a best effort basis,
without any attempts for guaranteed delivery.
Some connections will still get hosed, but you can
minimize the number.

The speed of lvs makes any other approach impractical.

>Essentially what is needed is for information about the affinity for a
>connection for a real server to be communicated to the standby. The trick
>is that this has to be done without impacting on performance.

/sG