Re: URL parsing ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: URL parsing ?
From: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:45:46 -0500 (EST)
> I have LVS running well in Direct routing mode.
>
> Is there any way to do URL parsing for http requests (ie send cgi-bin
> requests to one server group, static to another group?)

Probably the best way to do this is to do it in the html code itself;
make all the cgis hrefs to cgi.<your-domain-here>.com.  Similarly,
you can make images hrefs to image.<your-domain-here>.com.  You then
set these up as additional virtual servers, in addition to your www
virtual server.  That is going to be a lot easier than parsing URLs;
this is how they have done it at some of the places I have done
consulting for; some of those places were using Extreme Networks load
balancers, or Resonate, or something like that, using dozens of Sun
and Linux servers, in multiple hosting facilities.

--
John Cronin