Re: 2.2.18

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.2.18
From: "'Bryce'" <bryce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:33:29 -0500
Horms wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:45:48AM -0600, Patrick Panzenboeck wrote:
> > i am new to lvs, well i installed lvs in the summer on two of our severs
> > but, had to deinstall it because multiple lvs support didn't work. so now i
> > am back and installed lvs 1.0.0 for kernel 2.2.17 on a original red hat
> > distribution.
>
> Multiple lvs support? What does this mean?

I'm assuming that you mean running more than one virtual service
eg http and dns for example
Certainly this is quite possible and within the scope of all the HA systems for
linux that I'm aware of.

Could you elaborate on what services you were trying to provide and in what
manner it failed?
Incidentally this should really be sent over to the piranha-list as opposed to
the lvs-users list.

> > does ipvsadm 1.0.0. for kernel 2.2.17 report IPS and ports in hex where
> > 0.96, I think it was reports the ip in dotted form. Or did I do something
> > wrong? BTW what version do you guys recommend for a mission critical
> > cluster?
>
> To my knowledge all versions of ipvsadm as supplied from
> linuxvirtualserver.org and mirrors report IP addresses in dotted quad.  I
> believe that Red Hat has/does ship a version of ipvsadm patched to report
> addresses in hex. The reason for this is unclear other than it seems to be
> a compatinbility issue with Piranah.

Piranha doesn't care what ipvsadm's ouput is, it has no use for it so I don't
know why a special version was made, this may have been before when I joined
though 8/
I've been supplying/dusting the versions off
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/index.html in the piranha enviroment
ever since I started work at RHAT a year ago. I'd be intrested in what rpm
package it was from though (ie rpm -qf `which ipvsadm`)

As stands, the current officially supported version is 2.2.16 using ipvs 0.9.12
and ipvsadm 1.11 with piranha 0.4.17

> I would recomment the latest verion of IPVS as it has all the latest
> bug fixes. If you wish to use Piranah you should use whatever
> version of LVS and ipvsadm are shipped with Piranah.

(Copied to the piranha-list)

Phil
=--=