Re: Solaris Setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Solaris Setup
From: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:04:24 -0500 (EST)
> Anyone out there played with LVS with Solaris as the real servers??
> I want to get LVS-DR.. I dont know what I have to do to set the Solaris box.
> The commands are not the same compared to linux..
>
> maybe a quick step-by-step approach would be helpful
>
> Robert Carroll

The commands are quite similar.  I am not sure exactly what you are looking
for here.

Put the VIP on the loopback interface, lo0 - it won't arp from there,
thus solving the arp problem:

ifconfig lo0:1 inet 192.168.1.1 broadcast 192.168.1.255 netmask 255.255.255.0

If you try to use the "-arp" option to ifconfig with lo0, you will get an
error as that is not a valid operation on a loopback interface.

Then make sure your web servers (apache, netscape, whatever) are listening
on the VIP (in this case 192.168.1.1).

Is there something I am missing here?  Try setting up your director for
telnet first, as Joseph Mack recommends.

I have not actually used Solaris systems as real servers (at least not
with LVS), but I have a lot of Solaris experience and this should work,
I believe (I did test to make sure I was right about the arp).

What have you done and what problems are you having, exactly?

--
John Cronin