RE: newbie LVS_NAT

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: newbie LVS_NAT
Cc: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:20:21 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Jeremy Kusnetz wrote:

> What version of lvs does this configuration file work for?

there's two types of configure files here, mine (which is for simple LVSs)
and from Horms (I think it's his), which was designed for ultramonkey and
does HA. Horms is for more complicated LVSs. Unfortunately the two scripts
are incompatible. Eventually the two scripts will be merged, but that
hasn't happened yet.

> I am using 0.9.15 for kernel 2.2.16  Is it worth upgrading to version 1.0.2
> with kernel 2.2.18?

no, you can do what you want with any of these LVS verions.

My script clears the ipvsadm tables at startup. To run with 2 VIPs
you'd have to comment out the ipvsadm -C instruction in the rc.lvs file
and make two rc.lvs files and run them one after another.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx