Re: ipvs-0.2.0-2.4.0 available

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-0.2.0-2.4.0 available
From: Chris <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 02:10:15 +0100
Hi,

Florin Andrei wrote:

> --- Chris <chris@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > our biggest LVS has >70 real server and is running
> > a 2.2.14 Kernel with a LVS 0.9.7 (+ patch against
> > wrong counting); the masq table size is 2^18 (a
> > bit low, but is still working)
> > all services are running in DR-mode with the wlc
> > scheduler
> > the hardware ist single P3 500 with 512MB ram and
> > a tulip NIC.
>
>         Why so much RAM? Are you running some services on the director?
>
>         How big is the system load on the director? (load average, CPU %)
>         How many requests/second you serve with the director?
>         How many bytes/second?

the RAM was an mistake by me, because of the
masq-table size (I first thought ipvsadm
shows kbyte and not byte :-)
the only service on the director is ldirectord

in peaks we have about 7000 req/s on the director
with an load of 0.07

the only Problem, that we don´t have more Requests
is, that the real servers are serving dynamic
webpages
and they ran out of CPU-time

incomming traffic is about 15 m/bit and outgoing
ca 60 m/bit, but we never verified the numbers.

cu,

Chris