Re: Supressing loopback arps on kernel 2.4.0

Subject: Re: Supressing loopback arps on kernel 2.4.0
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:14:49 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Phil Oester wrote:

> I've been trying to test LVS with real servers running kernel 2.4.0, and
> haven't been able to supress the loopback adapters from responding to arp
> requests.  The 2.2.x solution of changing the 'hidden' flag doesn't seem to
> exist in 2.4.
>
> Anyone done this?

        Yes, some references for you:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/arp.html

Get http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/hidden-2.3.41-1.diff and apply
it. I just patched the 2.4 kernel with it using --dry-run. There are some
offsets but you can try it. It seems the arp code was not changed
last years. If you see something in this page that works for 2.3 you
can use it for 2.4

> -Phil

Regards

--