Re: Piranha Login + FTP Woes ....

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Piranha Login + FTP Woes ....
From: "'Bryce'" <bryce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:56:17 -0500
David Lambe wrote:

After setting & using up a 5 node cluster (2vs + 3rs), I'm having a few problems. Probably equated to being a Linux/LVS Newbie. The VSs are RH6.2 (kernel 2.2.16-4 & ipvsadm-1.11-4)  and the RSs are RH6.2 (kernel 2.2.14-5.0) using NAT. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in Advance.

Dave

1) When using the Piranha GUI (http) I'm never prompted for a password. I've been thru the HOW-TOs several times and set the configuration as specified, but still just hit login and go straight to the monitor page.

2) When FTPing to the RS nodes (thru the director) I started receiving 425 errors:

connecting to 208.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to 208.xxx.xxx.xxxport 21
220 mule3.netunlimited.net FTP server (Version wu-2.6.0(1) Mon Feb 28 10:30:36 EST 2000) ready.
USER nu
331 Password required for nu.
PASS (hidden)
230 User nu logged in.
PWD
257 "/home/nu" is current directory.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Host type (S): UNIX (standard)
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,176,207).
connecting to 208.xxx.xxx.xxx:45263
- -
connecting to 208.xxx.xxx.xxx...
! Can't connect to 208.xxx.xxx.xxx- connection refused
! connect: connection refused
PORT 192,168,254,26,8,120
200 PORT command successful.
LIST
425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused.
! DoDirList failed 0

This should really be in the piranha-list mail, um but I'm betting serveral things,..
1) you're using the 0.5.X experimental releases which I've not fixed up as yet
2) you forgot to tie 21 and 20 together (ftp (command) and ftp (data) streams)

ie whats happening is that your data connection is being shared out to the other
NATed servers. a quick fix would be to add persistance to your connection
say 900 seconds not a perfect solution. the real solution is to tie
20 and 21 together.
atm I have no easy mechanism to do that from the piranha interface but it's
something I was working on before I got pull of onto another project temporarily

Phil
=--=