RE: Redirect Question

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Redirect Question
From: Ben Barringer <BBarringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:21:27 -0500
From the RealServers I can't telnet to <loopback>:80? I can telnet to
<loopback>:23. I know the RealServers are working on port 80 because they
are server up webpages, if you go to there direct IP(192.168.25.16-17):80.

>when you say "turn off telnet on the director" do you mean you have removed
>telnetd from inetd.conf on the director and killed telnetd,
>or you have removed telnet from the services forwarded by the director?

If I remove Telnet from inetd and restart Inetd(killall -HUP inetd) so
telnet is no longer up; i.e. If I telnet to <vip:23> I get connection
timeout. Where as when telnet is running on the Director it correctly
directs me to one of the RealServers.

>> The RealServer never sees the request.

>how do you know this?

I don't know for sure. I have SuperSniffer running on the eth0 and it
doesn't pick up any request. Is there a better way to check?

I really appreciate the help.