Re: real server using freebsd

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: real server using freebsd
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:36:42 -0500
Jeffrey A Schoolcraft wrote:

> Hi, a client wants to have 2 freebsd servers set up behind LVS.  Has anyone
> successfully configured freebsd (4.2) real servers behind an LVS with DR?  If
> you have or know where I might find good docs please reply thanks.

In principle you can do VS-DR with any OS on the real-servers. FreeBSD honours
the -arp flag so they are easy. You can do it by hand.

I don't know whether anyone has done 4.2. Ratz has done 2.2.5,3.2 and 3.3.
My configure script will attempt to setup those machines using the info supplied
by Ratz. Since I haven't been able to test the script, it may need minor
fiddling.
If you want to try this script, look for "FreeBSD" with your editor and add the
commands for v4.2.

Whatever way you get it to work, please send me the commands for 4.2

Thanks Joe