Re: load balancing between firewall/vpn boxes

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: load balancing between firewall/vpn boxes
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:55:57 -0500
Matthias Weidle wrote:

> now B
> wants to acknowledge the packet of host A. the response would pass DR2 who
> thinks that this packet is for a new ip flow

you may have to explain your setup to me some more. Does the
fw box start up
a new session, with new source IPs on the packets?

and therefor choses one of the
> boxes according to the configured strategy. and this is definitly _not_
> what you want to happen here! the expected behaviour for this setup would
> be to forward the packet from host B to the box where the traffic from host
> A arrived in the first place.

what happens if there is no 2nd director (ie is was replaced
with a switch)?
Where would the packets go?

contractor to the National Environmental Supercomputer
Center,