Re: performance NAT versus DR ?

To: Kyle Sparger <ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: performance NAT versus DR ?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:16:34 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kyle Sparger wrote:

> >     My first thought is that this can be very complex. I don't
> > have good ideas.
>
> Or it can be very simple.  You could simply register a program when you
> create a virtual service on the director.  When a condition occurs that
> the LVS code has a reasonable belief that something may go wrong, it
> simply spawns off the program with a pre-defined set of arguments;  for
> example,

        We are talking about the implementation details. The word "simple"
can be applied only to the logic :) Talking from the kernel to the user
space is not so simple. The people use netlink sockets for this. But
may be such interface can be implemented: the cluster software to
receive events. But what other kinds of events we can implement?

> Thanks,
>
> Kyle Sparger

Regards

--