Re: Real server linux 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Real server linux 2.4
From: Stefano Paterni <spaterni@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:24:49 +0100
At 11.16 22/02/01 +0100, you wrote:
Stefano Paterni wrote:

Hi,

> I'm in trouble with real servers running linux kernel 2.4.
> They respond to arp requests in spite of the linux director, in which way
> can I stop them from responding to arp requests?

Apply following patch: http://www.linux-vs.org/hidden-2.3.41-1.diff
and proceed to setup the hidden devices like for 2.2.x kernels.

I've applyed that patch, recompiled and made echos in proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden and lo/hidden as usual for kernel 2.2, but the linux box is still responding to arps... I've tryed to use a kernel 2.2.18 with hidden in proc by default, but appear to have no effect...and the linux is still responding to arp, please have you idea of the reason?
ifconfig lo:0 -arp appear to have no effect too.

Best regards!
Stefano