Re: can LVS be run ON the firewall box?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: can LVS be run ON the firewall box?
From: Thierry Mallard <thierry.mallard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:50:38 +0100
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:30:12PM +0500, Douglas F. Elznic wrote:
> This is the same sort of set up that I would like to do. One computer
> with two net cards one public one private. The computer does the NAT and
> the LVS. I don't care what implementation I have to use. This seems like
> the most logical way to do the LVS setup with NAT. Has no one else tried
> it this way???

Here at work, me and Denis Petit set up a 4-PC cluster with this configuration
: 2 are the real servers, running Apache, and 2 are redundant distributors.
Each distributor uses LVS, Heartbeat, ldirectord and does the masquerading
using ipchains.  Everything works perfectly so far. :-)

The only tricks we found are that the classical directory hierarchy
differences between RedHat and Debian, and the need to add a IP migration for
the local side, as we used the NAT method.

Best regards,

--
Thierry Mallard                    | GnuPG key on pgp.ai.mit.edu
http://IDEALX.com                  | key 0xA3D021CB