Re: error

To: LVS Account <lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: error
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:08:04 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, LVS Account wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do some load testing of LVS using a reverse proxy cache server
> as the load balanced app.  The error I get is from a load generating app..
> Here is the error:
>
> byte count wrong 166/151

        Broken app.

> this goes on for a few hundred requests then I start getting:
>
> Address already in use

        App uses too many local ports.

> This is when I can't telnet to port 80 any more... If I try to telnet to
> 10.0.0.80 80 I get this:
>
> $ telnet 10.0.0.80 80
> Trying 10.0.0.80...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Resource temporarily unavailable

        No more free local ports.

> If I go directly to the web server OR if I go directly to the IP of the
> reverse proxy cache server, I don't get these errors.

        Hm, there are free local ports now.

> I'm using a load balancing app that I call this way:
>
> /home/httpload/load -sequential -proxyaddr 10.0.0.80 -proxyport
> 0  -parallel 120 -seconds 6000000 /home/httpload/url
>
> The url is http://10.0.0.4/index.html
>
> http1  is 10.0.0.2
> http2  is 10.0.0.3
> the LVS vip is 10.0.0.80
>
> I'm using wlc with equal weights. http1 and http2 are both running 2.2.18.
>
> # ./ipvsadm
> IP Virtual Server version 0.2.5 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  10.0.0.80:www wlc
>   -> 10.0.0.2:www                      Route   1      0          0
>   -> 127.0.0.1:www                    Local   1      0          0
>
> I'm using direct server return on the LVS box and IPCHAINS on the other box
> for acceptance of VIP traffic (redirecting to local port)
> Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
> target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
> REDIRECT   tcp  ------  anywhere             10.0.0.80             any ->
> www => www
> Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
> Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
>

> Thanks in advance for any help.

echo 1024 32000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

Can this help (in the app):

int reuse;
setsockopt(socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, (char*)&reuse, sizeof(reuse));

> Curtis Hays

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>