Re: config won`t run

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: config won`t run
From: Matthieu MARC <marc.mathieu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:15:56 +0100
Matthias Weimann a écrit :

> hi
> the configure tool won`t run on my maschine. It`s configure-2.2.17-lvs.pl .
> It always had the error
> can`t locate Net/DNS.pm in @NIC ....... line 598.
> I have installed all the perl modules.
> is there a difference if I configure it by hand like
> ipvsadm -A -t ........
> ipvsadm -a ------- -R ------- -m
> thanks
> Matz

Have you got two version of perl ? because, when you use CPAN module
(perl -MCPAN -e shell) to install perl module, in some case, it
reinstalle perl to have perl5.6. The binary is not in the same place of
perl5.5 !

However, you can configure it by hand. If you use heartbeat, you have to
make an init-script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/lvs for example) with start|stop
option, because it is heartbeat which start and stop lvs.

Matthieu MARC