ip_vs modules load automatically for 2.2.x, but not for 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ip_vs modules load automatically for 2.2.x, but not for 2.4
Cc: wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ja@xxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:58:42 -0500
With 2.2.x ip_vs kernels, when I run ipvsadm with a scheduler
command (eg -rr) the ip_vs_rr module loads automatically

With 2.4.x ip_vs kernels, if I run ipvsadm without the
ip_vs module loaded I get an error that the ip_vs module
is not loaded.

Am I not setup properly on 2.4.x?
Is this the way 2.4.x kernels are going to be?