Re: Some clarifications required.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Some clarifications required.
From: Matthieu MARC <marc.mathieu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:22:50 +0200
Considering a client (CL), a director (D) with NAT enable, and a
real-server (RS).

Here the IP adresses :
        CL -> IPa
        D  -> IPb (VIP)
        RS -> IPc

Here is the description of one request from client to a service of the
real-server :

        1. CL send a request :  from IPa to IPb
        2. Director receive the request, and decide to forward it to the
real-server : from IPb to IPc
        3. RS receive the request, and respond to it : from IPc to IPb
        4. Director receive the response and forward it to the client : from
IPb to IPa

The Client think that the director is the real-server
The Real-server don't know anything about the client, he think that the
client is the director.

Matthieu MARC