Problems wit directors that hangs!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems wit directors that hangs!
From: Johan Elmerfjord <johan.elmerfjord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:35:24 GMT
Hi!

I have a small web-cluster with 2 directors and (for the
moment) 2 realservers.

The Directors are PIII 650 Machines.
RedHat 6.2 Kernel 2.2.16-4
Piranha 0.4.17-2

I am using NAT. and are directing port 80 and 443.
Loadmonitor Uptime.
Scheduler wlc.

When the directors have been "active" and redirecing my
test-traffic (5-40 hits/s) for about 6 hours the director
stop redirecting traffic...

But it still works in some way.. (The Backup doesn't take
over util I run "pulse stop" on the master).
Then the backup starts.. and runs for another ~ 6h .. then
it stops..

The heartbeat-monitoring (for the directors) are running on
the inside-network (the same subnet as my realservers).. is
this good or is it better to have it on the outside?

If I try to restart Pulse on the failing dierctor.. I got a
message like this.

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn
InActConn
[root@weblvs2 /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pulse restart
Shutting down pulse:
[  OK  ]
Starting pulse: pulse: cannot create heartbeat socket.
running as
root?
[FAILED]

Any suggestions on what I should do?