Re: LVS configuration problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS configuration problem
Cc: msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:25:24 -0400
Madhav wrote:

> Can you point me to a document which describes how to do this routing. I
> thought pinging will be suffice between real servers and router. I am
> thinking that the script I showed will be suffice.
> I have set up the IPs using netconf. My machine does not have the ip_alias.
> Do I really need it for addinf routes.
> How can I get it instead of compiling the kernel?

Hi Madhav
        Your original description was a little hard to read.
If you want to describe your setup, you could swipe one of
the ascii diagrams in

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.1-1.html#ss1.10

for more examples see

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.1-11.html

or

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.1-12.html

and modify it for your setup.

There is a configure script which will setup the routing for you

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/index.html

(down at the bottom of the page)

You only need ip_aliases if you have more IPs than NICs