Re: multigroup fwmark question

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: multigroup fwmark question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:26:11 -0400
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         Hello Joe,
>
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:
>
> > I am trying to set up two fwmarks groups
> >
> > 1. ftp,ftp-data
> > 2. http,https
> >
> > I expect ftp requests to go to group 1, but they go to group 2.
>
>         May be the problem is that the two services share same Virtual
> IP addresses and you first tried http/https connections that created

I tried ftp first and it went to group 2.

> the persistence template and then you tried ftp and may because there
> is already template for the same VIP already to real server from group
> 2 the connection was scheduled to this group.
>
>         May be we have to port the persistent-fwmark-1.0.5-2.2.18-1.diff
> patch for 2.4 and you to test it with your setup. This patch simply
> uses per-service persistence, not the default per-VIP persistence.

I will try 1.0.5. Have just been for a walk to see if I could figure
it out. I realise I have to try this with 2.2.x anyhow.

> May be until then you can try the same setup for 2.2 after applying
> the above patch (from /~julian/), of course, if it is easy. I'll make
> the patch after 4-5 hours.

! - is this a great team or what

let me test 2.2.x first (I may not get back to you today)

I would like scheduling to go by fwmark groups
rather than by VIP (if I have the choice)