Re: InactiveConn error?

To: 허경영 <andrewhur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: InactiveConn error?
Cc: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:04:49 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, [ks_c_5601-1987] Çã°æ¿µ wrote:

> Wenn we monitored the performance using ipvs, the following results have come
> out,
>
>                  ActiveConn              InactiveConn
>     x.x.x.x       30                         900
>     x.x.x.x       20                         600

        Look good.

> The problems is that the counts in Inactive Connect just disappeared and did
> not go over to the active connections. Reviewing our recent test results
> using LVS, it is hard to find ActiveConn counts surpass 50, even though the
> Inactive connections increase to 800-900 and even more.

        You misunderstand the numbers. Joe documented them very well here:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.1-18.html#ss18.3

        In short, you have connections in established and non-established
state, mostly in TIME_WAIT/FIN_WAIT which is with long timeout period.

> Almost the same results came out when we activated persistent connection
> mode. As more connections arrives from clients, ActiveConn did not increase
> to more than 30 counts  and only Inactive connections increased.
>
> Can you give me answers to the phenomenon above, or heard of a similar result?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>