Re: kernel config of real-servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kernel config of real-servers
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:33:41 +0200
Hi,

Paul Baker wrote:

>   The documentation is very clear about what things need to be turned on
> in the kernel config of the director, but says virtually nothing of what
> needs to be in the real-server's kernel. I spent an entire weekend

Nothing basically, that's why there is nothing written, except he dozens
of pages about the arp-problem :)

> trying to get LVS up and running to no avail (tried both tun and dr).

Then you need to handle the arp problem which is discussed to death
in the HOWTO. Don't make Joe unhappy. Or what specifically did you
miss?

http://www.linux-vs.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-3.html

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz