configure.pl

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: configure.pl
From: "Henning Schiel" <h.schiel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:23:05 +0200
Hi!

I set up an lvs-heartbeat-mon-2.2.16-slackware system. I use the configure.pl-script (thanx to Joe, learned a lot by reading it !!) to change VIP, gateway, realserver and services very often for testing and learning.

Problem: Mon is running (and working), it calls "virtualserver.alert" which correctly and rapidly tells me: "virtual server down" or "..up", but it doesn't tell me which realserver (and port) is down or up and in consequence doesn't remove the server or service from the virtual service.
When I call ipvsadm with switches mentioned in "virtualserver.alert" by hand (shell), it works and up's / down's the services.
"Virtualserver.alert" also recognizes the "-u"-switch (saying up or down), but doesn't get the $virtual_service or $remote.

Is this a problem with the configure.pl - script or do I have to edit the mon.cf by hand? Sorry, I didn't find this in the configure.pl or mon or howto or elsewhere...

Henner