Re: Want to Set up LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Want to Set up LVS
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:03:05 -0700
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:27:14AM +0530, Schillaci wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to LVS. I just want to feel how lvs works. What is the minimum
> requirement for that. I tried using NAT routing method ,  but i could not
> able to configure two ethernet cards properly.
>
> Is it easy to implement LVS using direct routing?. Should try Direct
> routing.
>
> My machine is in LAN.  And it is loaded with Redhat6.2 with the kernel
> 2.2.16-3LL.
>
> Some one please give some suggestions and help me to set up lvs.

My suggestion would be to set up LVS-NAT. Simply because it requires no
real-server-side modifications and hence, is easier. There isn't really any
minimum configuration required for this (or any other LVS setup). If you
just want to play around and see how it works then you can get away with
more or less any hardware.

--
Horms
 horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx