Re: File descriptor leak with RH6.1

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: File descriptor leak with RH6.1
From: simon <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:55:12 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> simon wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I have a lvs server in the middle of my network
> > that has suddenly starting having major problems with
> > FD leaks. It's been working fine for months on end
> > and now it won't run for more than 4 hours without
> > falling over.
>
> what kernel/ipvs version? SMP/UMP?
>
> Have you "upgraded" anything recently?

it's 2.2.12-20smp. I belive to be the stock one
from RH6.1 and the same with the lvs stuff. Don't
know for sure though as I didn't install the machine.

I tried 2.2.19 + lvs, but that wouldn't work.

Mind you, it's supposed to be a dual processor, but
cpu 0 is disabled for some reason. I thought that
this might be the problem, but again the box has
been running fine for months previous to the last week.