Re: LVS for Database, App Server & mail

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JPringle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS for Database, App Server & mail
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:29:24 -0400
JPringle@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I dug through the documentation but seemed to miss answers to some of my
> questions.
>
> I can set up LVS for my Web & FTP services.  But I'm also running
> Interbase, JBoss & Qmail.. Is there a way to create clusters for each of
> these applications using LVS?  If not are there other open source
> projects that are focusing on clustering other Applications?

LVS is for clustering services not neccessarily for applications.
Internet applications communicate with the clients using server-client
type model, so in general applications can run under LVS

people are using LVS for databases

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.16

and for sendmail and qmail

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.9