Re: LVS-HOWTO-1.4 is out

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-HOWTO-1.4 is out
From: Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:30:28 -0500
Best bet is DocBook SGML for now (with an eye towards XML/DocBook in the future).

Indexing is possible (and not terribly difficult), table of contents is automatic, PDF/PS/RTF/HTML are all possible output formats (and the output can be customized by modifying the stylesheets).

I've been writing a ton of documentation lately (including a book), so am knee deep in all this stuff. Let me know if I can lend any advice on these subjects if you opt to go the DocBook route.

The good thing about DocBook, XML in particular, is that the number of tools for working with it is just /exploding/, and the amount and quality of output formats is also on the rise. You can be confident that a DocBook document will remain viable for many years to come as a source for print or web output. (And I'm sure you've heard that XML is the latest buzz word...luckily for us, it deserves most of the buzz it has garnered lately. It's just that cool.)

Joseph Mack wrote:

linuxman wrote:

how about sgml? maybe docbook?

it's in sgml now and Wensong puts the other formats
onto the webpage. Can you do an index from an sgml file?

                     Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances
                        http://www.swelltech.com