LVS & MySQL

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS & MySQL
From: karkoma <abambala@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:44:53 +0200
Hi,

I have LVS-NAT configured in this manner:

        - 1 LinuxDirector: kernel-2.2.19+ipvs-1.0.8, heartbeat,
ldirectord
        - 2 RealServers: kernel-2.2.16, Apache 1.3.19, Tomcat 3.2, MySQL
3.23.31

Load balancing from LinuxDirector to RealServers is  fine, no problem.
RealServers are configured so Apache gets requests from port 80, load
balance them to tomcat (I define load balancing in apache-tomcat config
file workers.properties and httpd.conf) which in turn gives the result.
When tomcat starts it create instances of some java classes which start
a pool of mysql threads. MySql is configured master-slave.

To test all this configuration I use ab (apache benchmark) to request
dynamic info from my servers. A few seconds after launching ab my system
stop accepting connections --> ab -n 100 -c 50 http://...../index.html.
However when I stop using Mysql in master-slave mode all is fine.

Have you some experience on this subject?
Sorry for my horrible english. If you need more details, please contact
Thank you.

Alberto.