RE: ip_masq_ftp nat passive

To: 'Joseph Mack' <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ip_masq_ftp nat passive
From: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:02:05 -0400
No,

The realservers are on their own network that the outside can't see.  Only
the LVS can see both networks, one eth card goes to the switch to the
realworld, and the other eth card goes to the switch to the realservers.
The realservers have to go through the LVS/DIRECTOR to see the outside.

         -------------------------------
         |  ROUTER  216.163.120.1      |
         -------------------------------

          ----------------------------
          | LVS eth:0 216.163.120.8  |
          | VIP eth:0 216.163.120.6  |
          | Director eth:1 10.75.0.1 |

                   | switch |
 |rs1 10.75.0.17|  |rs2 10.75.32.17|   |rs3 10.75.64.17|