Re: LVS-NAT: configure emergency http server on director

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT: configure emergency http server on director
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:48:09 +0200 (METDST)
On Wed, 30 May 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Alois Treindl wrote:
>
> > During maintenance work, I want to switch http access to an emergency
> > http server running on the director, on port 81.
>
> lookup localnode
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-14.html
>
> you'll have to use it with VS-NAT forwarding so that the ports get
> rewritten. (I haven't used this for a long time and I can't remember
> doing the VS-NAT tests ie rewriting ports. Presumably I did them,
> but I've forgotten about it.)

I am afraid the hint to chapter 14 in the HOWTO was not very helpful.
It does not work, when combined with port forwarding.
(It does work when I run http on director with port 80, but this
is not what I want, because I need to run a different http on port 80
for other purposes on the director).

My ipvsadm is:
TCP  lvs.astro.com:www rr
  -> wwc.astro.com:81               Local   1      0          0

where lvs.astro.com is VIP (a director virtual address)

and wwc.astro.com is the director's real address

There is a http listening on port 81, which I can verify by accessing
it locally on the director itself.