RE: LVS, Suse and SPARC

To: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS, Suse and SPARC
From: Jerome hebert <jbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:38:55 +0200
At 12:38 30/05/2001 -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> I understand that the Sparc port of Linux isn't in great shape
> (at least according to scuttlebutt I heard on slashdot recently)
> and one of the distributions has dropped it. Any problems you
> have may be due to the Sparc Linux kernel. I would suggest
> you try with an Intel director first and then try the
> Sparc with a 2.2.x kernel (since there may be problems
> lurking in the newer 2.4 kernels)
>
> Joe

The comments on that slashdot post indicated sparc was doing pretty well on
linux through ... debian & suse?  I have to wonder why not a BSD or solaris
if you're going to use a sparc though...

I'll try netbsd. But I still need Linux for the load balancer.
Is there some cluster possibilities with NetBSD ?

Regards,
Jerome.