Re: LVS-NAT only permitting first few connections

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT only permitting first few connections
From: Bryan <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:33:46 -0400
Thanks for your reply Joseph,

On Saturday 02 June 2001 08:43, Joseph Mack wrote:

> what happens if instead you go directly to the VIP?

Exact same symptoms sadly. DNS is not at fault.

> > seems as if lvs is still dropping the last three. In addition, I
> > explicitly schedule with weighted round robin, but all the hits seem to
> > go to the same box.
>
> this will happen if the client-server have a persistent (in the netscape
> sense, ie HTTP 1.1) connection.

Thanks for the explanation. I though my error might have been not modprobing
ip_vs_wrr but no.  The problem persists and I have some additional
information:

  Sometimes up to 5 connections get through. This is what confuses me the
most because it seems as if whatever is causing this is fickle and variable.
Additionally, the problem is not present on https: all connections are
handled properly!  And it seems that the only circumstance under which I can
get the hits to go to different boxes is when I hit the VIP with two
simultaneous requests. This gives all indication of wlc scheduling instead of
wrr.

> how about you do it with ACCEPT (ie no filter rules)
> until you get it to work

Good suggestion, no better results.

Thanks for your help so far/
--
Bryan Mongeau

"One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether
one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that,
after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any
scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year."-- Einstein