heartbeat ip take-over problem.

To: "LVS" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: heartbeat ip take-over problem.
From: "Schillaci" <lvslog@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:36:07 +0530
I am using heartbeat 0.4.9 in two machines in our network just for ip take
over(may be for web-service). All my machines are in the same subnet.  I
have the following problem. When I stop the heartbeat in the node which has
the take-over ip, it realeases the ip and the other machine takes it. And
the take over is very slow. But if i remove the ethernet cable it is not
working.
    Sometimes when releasing the ip, the heartbeat shuts down, which
prevents this machine from taking the ip again when the active node fails.
    Which node will act as an active-node? I could n't find any
configuration specifying this.
    Should I add anymore hardware?
Is the node name in the /etc/ha.d/haresources files in two machines should
be same or it should be the corresponding one?
   One more thing is that, somemore machines are also running heartbeat in
the network. And these machines are checking that also. why this. How to
avoid?

Somebody please help me to overcome this problem. And I want this ip to be
changed to the other machine when one machine fails and vice versa.

-Schill