Help needed for LVS+ipchains+ Suse FTP Proxy,

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help needed for LVS+ipchains+ Suse FTP Proxy,
Cc: ratz@xxxxxx
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:21:48 +0200
Dear Roberto

I think I need your personal assistence.

I am too stupid to understand the cooperation between
- ftp server on a real server
- Suse ftp proxy on director
- ipchains firewall on director
- ipvsadm-rules on director.

there are three configuration files on the director which must
cooperate:

ftp-proxy.conf
ipvs_rules  (our shell script to set ipvsadm)
ipchains_rules (our shell script to set firewall rules)

What I want to do is this:
set up an ftp server on 1 realserver (no need to load balance),
so that it can be accessed by both active and passive ftp
from outside clients.

But I am unable to get my configuration right.

Can you help me?

Alois