Re: RH7.1 / 2.4.x / ipvs

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH7.1 / 2.4.x / ipvs
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:49:48 +0800 (CST)
On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Carlos Maynard wrote:

> I've tried it all... :-)
>
> Kernel 2.4.2, 2.4.3, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5
>
> i've used all the patches as well.. and i can't make the LVS option on
> MenuConfig to show up.
> I'm downloading the kernel from kernels.org... but it won't show up.

You need download
http://linux-vs.org/software/kernel-2.4/linux-2.4.5-ipvs-0.9.2.patch.gz

then apply the patch to a clean copy of kernel 2.4.5.

While you do "make menuconfig", you need enable the following options at
least.
        [*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
        [ ]   Network packet filtering debugging

        IP: Netfilter Configuration  --->
        IP: Virtual Server Configuration  --->

Regards,

Wensong