ldirectord feature request

To: Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ldirectord feature request
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:45:24 -0500
I'm putting in a feature request for ldirectord, not sure if this is necessarily the best place to submit this, but I thought it couldn't hurt.

Right now, when a ldirectord takes a real-server out of the LVS either because it couldn't connect to the port or because the the request page did not match the required pattern, ldirectord completely removes them out of the lvs by I would assume `ipvsadm -d`

My request is that instead it would set the weight to 0 instead of completely removing them. This way live connections will not be cut when a server is taken out.

The reason I am requesting this is because when I'm testing changes to my website I like to take one of my servers out of the lvs by changing the request page to not match the requred pattern. At the time of this change the server is still functioning properly and should still serve it's active connections, but no more new connections should be made. Once it is out of the LVS I am free to make changes and test them before copying the changes to the other real-servers and then putting the server back into the LVS by fixing the request page.

Does this make sense? If not ask me and I'll try to explain it better. I'm requesting this now in hopes that the ldirectord team will implement it for me ;-) If not, when I have more time next week I will implement it myself and submit that patch.

Paul J. Baker                                Internet Systems Developer
pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Where2GetIt.com
phone 847-498-0111x234
fax   847-480-7422