Re: issues with using LVS with Tunneling

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: issues with using LVS with Tunneling
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yash L. Khemani" <yash@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:58:58 -0400 (EDT)
hi joe,

thanks for the quick response!

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:30:58 -0400
> From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
> To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: ward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yash@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: issues with using LVS with Tunneling
>
> "Yash L. Khemani" wrote:
>
> I'm not going to be able to debug this in one go. You haven't told
> us whether this is a firewall or an LVS problem.
> Does the setup work without the firewall?

yes - we got the same results when attempting to use a real server
that was on a different network.

i can also turn off ipchains and try... yes, we get the same results.

> > the following commands were executed on the lvs server:
> >         /sbin/ifconfig eth0:3 $vip netmask 255.255.255.192 broadcast \
> >           $broadcast up
>
> vips are usually setup on VS-DR, VS-Tun with /32
> I don't know whether this is a problem or not.

i can also try that... that didn't make a difference.

> > next, the following commands were executed on the real server:
> >         modprobe ipip; \
> >         ifconfig tunl0 $vip netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast $vip up; \
> >         route add -host $vip dev tunl0; \
> >         echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden; \
> >         echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/tunl0/hidden
> >
> > after that, i was unable to connect to port 80 on $vip.
>
> you were able to connect to vip:80 before you setup the real-server?

yes - there was an apache server running on the lvs server.

let me know if you need any other information.

thanks again,
yash