Re: T-Shirt(s) - was : RE: logo

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: T-Shirt(s) - was : RE: logo
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:08:31 -0400
Peter Mueller wrote:

> I would like to help the LVS/GNU cause and purchase multiple (5?) t-shirts.
> How can I go about doing this?  (Is it possible?)
>
> If the $ goes to Wensong/coders/maintainers I would be most pleased.  Or to
> their favorite GNU/nonprofit org would be fine as well.

Your thoughts are appreciated. However it's not worth the overhead for
anyone to do this. It's much more fun to download the source files yourself
in true GPL style and print your own T-shirt.

Here it is, the official LVS T-shirt mini-HOWTO (v1.0 released under GPL,
(C) Joseph Mack 2001)

Download the left to right inverted pdf for the T-shirt, find a 300dpi
inkjet printer, buy a 10-box of the HP inkjet iron-on-T-shirt sheets (about
$1/sheet), buy a T-shirt of your favorite color, black does not go
well with the LVS logo :-), but just about anything else should be OK
(Horms and I agreed that a beer colored T-shirt would be best, but
my local supplier of unadulterated T-shirts only had a limited color
range, so white it was), follow the instructions for ironing in the
box and viola, instant LVS fashion statement.

The T-shirts I got weren't great quality and wrinkle pretty easily.
I would definitely spend upto $10 on a good T-shirt so that when
you're at the next linux conference at the end of the night,
lying unconcious on the floor with your beer glass tipped over,
people won't walk past and say "see how wrinkled that LVS T-shirt is?"

If you follow the instructions in the box of iron-on sheets it works fine.
I was surprised how hot the iron has to be. Make sure the surface underneath
the T-shirt is flat (I used a tea-towel as a shim) and can handle the heat. I
did it
in the kitchen and did about 10 of them. I was afraid that the laminex
would peel off but it hasn't a year later. The iron-on sheet is standard
letter sized shape. Once ironed-on it's a little rubbery (as you might
expect) so cut the excess off around the penguins using large radius
cuts. The iron-on curls up as you heat it, so make sure you sweep over the whole
surface of the iron-on in the first few seconds to tack everything down
(then keep the iron moving).