RE: primary/backup and ability to start a service?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: primary/backup and ability to start a service?
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:45:13 -0400
Heartbeat handles failover configurations.  It is used in LVS to allow you
to have a backup LVS Director which will automatically start up if something
goes wrong with the primary one.

In your situation, you would run Heartbeat on your two mysql boxes.  The
heartbeat programs would monitor each other so that if the primary machine
went down, the secondary machine would start the services and take over.

Heartbeat runs on the machines that are being managed.  There is no
centralized management for it.  (At least not that I know of.)

Bowie