RE: ldirectord config issues

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ldirectord config issues
Cc: "'zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:02:10 -0700
> Ldirectord correctly configures the ipvs tables on my
> director using the information above, but after that
> it does not remove the servers
> when they have failed (i.e. index.html does not exist on either of
> them). Ldirectord does show up as a running process and correctly
> creates and deletes the ipvs table when started and stopped.
> What am I missing? It is an LVS-DR, all linux 2.4.5
> boxes, running apache and tomcat. Would keepalived be
> a better choice (I like the fact that I can do layer 3,4 and 5
> checks with keepalived, but from the docs you need to be
> running ipchains)?
>
> Thanks again,
> Zack

Are you using ultramonkey?  If so, ultramonkey sets up ldirectord.cf in
/etc/ha.d/conf.  Also ldirectord.cf is *VERY* picky about whitespace, you
have to have tabs for the real lines and spaces for the others (I think).
Or at least that's how I got mine working..

Also if you are trying to use HA, you need to post your ha.cf and an example
of haresources.