Re: ldirectord feature request

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord feature request
From: Radu-Adrian Feurdean <raf@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:06:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Horms wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 02:08:51PM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> > <Paul Baker>
> > > Now the next feature request would be to specify an email
> > > address in the config file that gets notified whenever
> > > there is a change to LVS. (when a server is removed or
> > > readded etc etc etc)
>
> Sounds like a reasonable request.
>
> > that sounds like a sweet feature.  LVS should mail a copy of ipvsadm -L -n
> > out.  Hmm let's make sure we can choose which server to relay to, of course.
> > I dont' want to run an MTA on my LVS boxes...
>
> There shouldn't be any harm in running an MTA on the LVS box
> as long as it doesn't listen for incoming connections.

To start, here's a patch to ldirectord that implements email alerts,
retries and resolving of the IPs in logs and mails. It's not perfect, but
enough for our use.

Legal stuff:
Not stated in patch, but it is written by:
Nicolas Niclausse (mail notifications) and Radu-Adrian Feurdean (me, rest)
and Copyright (c) 2001 LibertySurf Telecom
GPL blablabla

Radu-Adrian Feurdean
mailto: raf@xxxxxxxx
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching train.