RE: Direct Routing from behind a firewall?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Direct Routing from behind a firewall?
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:36:48 -0400
If you have a public IP for your VIP, then you don't have to worry about it.

If your VIP is a private IP, then you have to setup your router/firewall so
that a public IP will be redirected to the VIP so that external Internet
users can get to it.

Bowie

        Note 1 & 3
   IRIX 6.5.9        no                        Note 1
   IRIX 6.5.10       no                        Note 2
   IRIX 6.5.11       no                        Note 4

   NOTES

     1) This version of the IRIX operating has been retired.
        Upgrade to an actively supported IRIX operating system.
        See http://support.sgi.com/news/support/index.html#customer_letters
        for more information.

     2) This version of the IRIX operating system is in maintenance mode.
        Upgrade to an actively supported IRIX operating system.
        See http://support.sgi.com/news/support/index.html#customer_letters
        for more information.

     3) See "Temporary Solution" section.

     4) Download the latest IRIX 6.5 Maintenance Release from the URL:
        http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/tools/relstream/index.html
        or contact your local SGI support provider to obtain the
        latest IRIX 6.5 Maintenance Release CD set.

Patches are available via the web, anonymous FTP and from your SGI
service/support provider.

SGI Security Advisories can be found at:
http://www.sgi.com/support/security/ and
ftp://patches.sgi.com/support/free/security/advisories/

SGI Security Patches can be found at:
http://www.sgi.com/support/security/ and
ftp://patches.sgi.com/support/free/security/patches/

SGI patches for IRIX can be found at the following patch servers:
http://support.sgi.com/irix/ and ftp://patches.sgi.com/

SGI freeware updates for IRIX can be found at:
http://freeware.sgi.com/

SGI fixes for SGI open sourced code can be found on:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/

SGI patches and RPMs for Linux can be found at:
http://support.sgi.com/linux/ or
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/sgilinux-combined/download/security-fixes/

SGI patches for Windows NT or 2000 can be found at:
http://support.sgi.com/nt/

IRIX 5.2-6.4 Recommended/Required Patch Sets can be found at:
http://support.sgi.com/irix/ and ftp://patches.sgi.com/support/patchset/

IRIX 6.5 Maintenance Release Streams can be found at:
http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/tools/relstream/index.html

IRIX 6.5 Software Update CDs can be obtained from:
http://support.sgi.com/irix/swupdates/

The primary SGI anonymous FTP site for security advisories and patches
is patches.sgi.com (216.32.174.211).  Security advisories and patches
are located under the URL ftp://patches.sgi.com/support/free/security/

For security and patch management reasons, ftp.sgi.com (mirrors
patches.sgi.com security FTP repository) lags behind and does not
do a real-time update.