Re: Real Server Monitoring

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Real Server Monitoring
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:40:55 -0400
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:10:52AM -0700, Jason Steenblik wrote:
> I am running ipvs 0.8 on a 2.4.3 kernel and need to monitor the
> availability of my smtp realservers.  What is the best method of doing
> this?
>
> >From my reading and short testing this is what I found (I think).
>
> Mon worked but didn't seem as elegant as the others.
> ldirectord doesn't work for smtp realserver.

To test SMTP servers using ldirectord you may use a "connect" check which
will just open port 25 and close it again. I am more than willing to accept
a patch or work with you to make a patch that can test SMTP more
thourougly. It should be quite straight forward to write such a pach with
opens port 25, issues a simple SMTP command and checks the output.

--
Horms