Re: hidden & ping to dir

To: Noah Roberts <jik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hidden & ping to dir
Cc: lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:55:09 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Noah Roberts wrote:

> ok, I set up the hidden dummy0 thing on the RS's with the VIP netmask
> 255.255.255.255.
> I can ping everyone but the director now in that net anyway....the
> directory cannot ping the outside world interfaces of the real servers
> because they route the reply to their own dummy device :P

        There is something wrong in your setup, you can't define
hidden and non-hidden addresses on the dummy interface. You have to
show all your addresses and routes on the director and on the tested
real servers.

> how do I fix that?  I was using fping to verify that the outside
> interface was indeed up from the directory and killing that rs in the
> admin if it wasn't....now I can't check it seems.

        The ping connectivity can fail for many possible reasons.
Check the rp_filter device flags too.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>