Re: lvs-dr LocalNode question

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs-dr LocalNode question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Julian Anastasov wrote:

>       IIRC, the question is about the default route in the director.

oh sorry. Just trying to catch up with the mailing list and I didn't read
closely enough.

> I remember that for some setups it is possible the director to work
> without default route but I don't know how this is used in the configure
> script. Is this option mandatory for DR?

For DR there are no packets (that I know of) that the director has to send
to 0/0 from VIP for normal operation, so I don't have any route to the
outside world from the VIP on the director. Presumably there are
pathological problems (eg need for ICMP packets when networks are in
trouble), that need to be handled. I can put these back in - do you have a
list of the packets I need to handle?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx