[keepalived] Release 0.3.6 & 0.4.0

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [keepalived] Release 0.3.6 & 0.4.0
Cc: ehj38230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:47:38 +0200
Hi all,

I have just released keepalived release 0.3.6 & 0.4.0. The release 0.3.6 is stable and 0.4.0 is a devel shot for test and bugs reports. Currently, only 0.4.0 has VRRPv2 support.

download : http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/software/keepalived-0.3.6.tar.gz
download : http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/software/keepalived-0.4.0.tar.gz

As a maintening task, I have back poprted my VRRP code to the vrrpd I have incremented to release 0.6. Main functionnality backported is a netlink routing table fetcher to keep MAIN routing table persistent.
download : http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~acassen/vrrpd-0.6.tar.gz

VRRP code still in heavy hacking state, especially "synchronization instance" (NOKIA monitored circuit equivalent). Currently Multicast binding socket to specific interface is wanted :) I had not time to finish it tonight :)

Global ChangeLog :

2001-08-24  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

        * keepalived-0.3.6 released.
        * Patch a race condition into the scheduler timer computation.
        * Patch a race condition into the tcp checker thread. Only
          register next timer thread if tcp connection is not in progress.
        * Patch a race condition into the http checker thread. Handle
          empty buffer returned from remote http server.
        * Patch a race condition into the dumping configuration process.
          A simple dereferencing pointer value...oops...
        * Eric Jarman, <ehj38230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> added MISC CHECKER.
          It Perform a system call to run an extra system or script.
          => security auditing needed for system call,
          buffer overflow over script path must be handled.

        * Added VRRP support using our scheduling I/O multiplexer.
          VRRP implementation support to IPSEC-AH using HMAC-96bits digest
          with anti-replay. rfc2402 & rfc2104.
        * Added routing table fetcher. We ignore route when it is a
          cloned route from other router, learn by an ICMP redirect
          or set by kernel. Only UNICAST route are stored.
        * Added dropping packet support.

All comments, point of view or enhancements are very welcomes,

Best regards,
Alexandre