Re: MAC address on dummy0

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MAC address on dummy0
Cc: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:23:39 +0200
Hi Alexandre,

It's me back again with some news about bonding.

> > >Or you might put your vrrpd on top of a bonding interface.
> >
> > hmm, will investigate on it :)
>
> Excellent.

Well, sort of. Since I haven't browsed this part of the kernel code yet,
and due to a recent posting of AK, we might need to reconsider the usage
of the ethernet bonding approach:

"Bonding reorders packets, which causes frequent retransmits and stalls in TCP.
One setup that doesn't is multipath routing (ip route .. with multiple
nexthops over different interfaces). It'll only load balance (srcip, dstip,tos)
tuples though, not individual flows, but then it has the advantage that
it actually works."

Doh, how about the multipath and the sch_teql? Here is some more information
about this:

o http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/lai00design.html (download PS)
http://lucan.comp.nus.edu.sg/Publications/Research%20Resources/Networks/routing/qos%20routing/

Off for coding now ...